I am a little biased. I spent a lot of my school holidays here; a grandma in Umtentweeni and an aunt and uncle in Port Shepston. It was fantastic. No matter how many times I go, I will always want to do the same list of things.
So. Here is my recommendation to you to re live my childhood.
- Take a stroll down to ‘Granny’s pool’ at Tweeni beach. Watch the waves crash against the shore, the seagulls diving in and out of the crisp, cool water, and the kids playing in the shallows.
- Get a freshly made doughnut from the doughnut shop in the Shelly Beach shopping Centre (located near the cinema, opposite the hobbies store).
- Go the biltong shop in Shelly beach shopping centre. Located next to the doughnut shop.
- Go to the Waffle House in Ramsgate. Family run business for 60 years. Sweet and savoury. Always busy. A must. On the edge of the river and a quick walk to the beach.
5. Head to Margate beach. Packed during summer and a place for matric vac. Quiet during winter. There is a mug and bean if you feel a coffee and cake is in order.