I am one of those annoying people that love their birthday. Dec 2018 was no different.
I decided to do a make-your-own taco party for two main reasons:
- I could organise and prepare before hand so I wasn’t going to be stuck in the kitchen all night and could actually enjoy my party
- It caters for meat eaters, vegetarians, picky eaters etc and everyone gets to pick and choose what they want
I did have a lot of help for this party (my boyfriends maid helped me with the majority of the cooking), and my boyfriend took on hosting duties as well since I held it at his house.
On the menu…
- Beef Tacos
- Mexican Chicken Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas tacos
- Mexican corn salad
- Cheesy Nachos
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Shredded red cabbage
- Chopped white onion
- Chopped coriander
- Sliced yellow peppers
- Chopped chilies
- Finely chopped spring onion
- Baby red tomatoes cut into quarters
- Roasted butternut
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Natural yougurt
- Mild salsa
- Hot salsa
I think the hit of the night was my cheesy nachos- it was demolished in minutes!
I made way too much food (although I had multiple cancellations on the day), so a lot of it is still in the freezer for a day when I feel like tacos again! I also had a variety of soft tacos and hard shelled ones for variety.
As far as hosting goes, it was relatively stress free and I would recommend having a taco party to anyone else not wanting to be stuck behind a wall and worried.
A big thank you to all those who came.